4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Phone Calls Galore

Wonder why I never call you?  I hate the phone.  Being in customer service since I was 16, I burnt out on the phone long ago.  So, in between feeds, meds, diaper changes, calming, work, and critiquing Nate Burkus's outfit du jour, I am supposed to find time to call about eight different places to find out if they offer services that can help us.  We're trying to get into the system.  That's a major PITA.

The Bean is doing well.  I didn't give her any gas med's today and she was a lot less fussy today, surprisingly.  We also moved to twice a day doses of not only Ativan, but Methadone.  By this time next week, we'll be off those two controlled substances.  Today, we sat up on the couch (sitting in the crevasse), we had unproductive tummy time on the Boppy pillow, and we laid on the activity gym with the piano at her feet which she absolutely loved.  She actually cooed, attempted to laugh, and stared at her fur-brother with amazement.  My plan is to do this several times a day to build up her strength and stamina.

We have our work cut out for us.  Hopefully all my phone calls will enable us to find help to give me a break, maybe give me a bit of a life outside of being nurse Mom.  They keep throwing the words 'respite care' around and when I google that, I don't like what I read.  I will try to figure out what will work best for us, for the Bean.  It's going to take time to figure this out.  It's going to be a chore, but well worth the effort, if it produces results.

2 comments:

  1. I am so addicted to the Bean Blog!! Anna, you are such a great mommy to such a precious little girl!! You're so fantastically dedicated and loving; what an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't the hospital refer you to other parents that utilize the services?? WTF

    ReplyDelete