4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Clingy Bean

Beano hasn't been 100% lately.  It started with what seemed to be a tummy ache last week - which included the pukes, the runs, and whiney, clingy behavoir.  Then it turned into a cough and congestion with whiney, clingy behavoir.  I took her to the Dr. yesterday, just to have her checked-out because I worry when she has such a tough cough.  We did a chest x-ray, making her sit up in this plastic contraption trapping her arms above her head and squeezing her tight.  It looked most uncomfortable.  However, the x-rays showed that she didn't have pneumonia or anything requiring an antibiotic.  When he returned to review the x-rays, Andi was asleep on my shoulder (her favorite location lately), and he was able to see what I meant by 'labored breathing'.  Since I can remember, Andi breathes fast and seemingly labored when sleeping.  She sleeps hot, and I am guessing her little body is working hard, and thus, burning more calories when it is supposed to be 'at rest.'  This is an issue.  He listened to her and determined that the breathing noise was nasal, and we did a one-dose steroid to help with inflammation.  Then, he said I could get this nasal spray, but Kaiser pharmacy doesn't stock it - so I have to go elsewhere.  TREAT!

Andi hasn't wanted to be in her high chair at all, and is super fussy in it until I take her out and hold her.  Clingy Bean.  Lately, she has enjoyed sitting on the couch, instead of in her chair or laying on the floor.  She wants to be close.  So, as I try to type this update, my little lung-cheese filled Beano is sitting next to me, holding onto my sleeve or arm, watching Baby Signing Time for what feels like the millionth time.  Her cough is a bit rough right now.  We've been sleeping with the humidifier on, and that seemed to help.  For now, the humidifier is pumping and the clingy Bean is chillin'.  We'll forget about trying to get to the baby gym for socialization until this cough is long gone!  In the meantime, I try to savoir the clingy Bean time, knowing she will someday shun my sugar-filled affection. So, I sit here singing along in my head, 'strolling, strolling, strolling down the sidewalk...' and as I look down, the Bean has fallen asleep.  Rest little one, rest.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I read your blog posts I can hear your voice so clearly saying all of these words. I suppose it's from the amount of time we spent chattering on and on and on and on on company time way back when... <3 Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete