4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Getting Closer...

The stomach contrast study showed that Andi's stomach is recouping and functioning well.  We've started using the new g-tube site, with slow, small boluses. If all goes well this weekend with the slow increased g-tube feeds, we're going to start tapering off the TPN and continue to increase to full g-tube feeds by Wednesday, as on Thursday, the central line is coming out.  Andi's also been enjoying some disolvable solids in her high chair.  She hasn't been quite as interested in the banana pudding she has liked so well in the past.  I'll try something else next feed. I have thick liquids on the grocery list.  Not quite sure what that is, other than a drinkable yogurt or maybe a milkshake. But, I know I'll end up drinking the milkshake! 

Most importantly, Andi is now 15 lbs, 12.6 oz's. 

PROGRESS!!!

While in the hospital, her beloved dietitian said that based on Andi's charting and growth curve, she should probably be 17 lbs or so.  So, we're getting closer!  Another five days of TPN, Neocrack and some oral feeds, we should be catching up quick!  I made her Neocrack only 33 cal, as I didn't want to push her stomach too much.  The surgeon wants to get her off Neocrack, but, agreed we should only make one change at a time.  Perhaps by the six week mark, when we go to see him to put in a longer button, maybe then we'll be working on getting onto a different formula.  It was the perfect time to share with them my ant story!  As when we were on Alimentum and given the volume of the g-tube leak, how the stench of Alimentum lured ants to Andi's bed!  Although, now that I retell it, they probably thought I was just a horrible housekeeper.

The signs of waking at 6:30 a.m. are starting to show on the little Bean's face.  Tired eyes and yawns.  Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll get a nap today!  That'd be such a welcomed treat, as she certainly wasn't hearing my begging request to sleep longer this morning!  But, all in all, we're getting closer to where we need to be! 

Dissolvable Solids on a wild Friday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment