4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Friday, December 10, 2010

"ouwie" video

Our little pacie addict, complicated by teething, has a tendency to respond to a cold pacifier with what sounds like, 'ouwie, ouwie, ouwie'... it's pretty funny, cute and sad at the same time.  I was able to catch a poor glimpse of it today.  I mean, it's a great glimpse, but, it was one of the tough tantrums that takes awhile, and several frozen pacies, to calm.

Andi's dietary/nutritionist wants us to start increasing her feeds.  Our goal is now 38 ml/hour during her 10-hour overnight feed.  Currently, it's 35 ml/hr.  So each night, I add another ml to the rate.  If and when we get through that, then we'll work on increasing her daytime feeds from 70 ml/hr up to 75 ml/hr.  Andi's supposed to get weighed again next Friday, so we'll see.  She seems to be getting bigger.  In fact, tonight I decided I needed to take photos of her 6 month old feet.  They've grown, and I don't want to forget witnessing it.

I noticed again today that when Andi has her hearing aid in and you talk to her, she smiles more.  She doesn't seem to mind whatever she's hearing.  She wasn't as chatty cathy today, but, we did a bit of dancing and singing earlier today, and she seemed to enjoy it. I think I saw her follow sound by moving her head today.  Pretty exciting.

Here's the ouwie video... it's a glimpse of her vocalizing... oh, and yes, she holds her pacie by herself more often than not.  In fact, I've watched her in her bed find it wherever it fell, pick it up, and shove it back in her mouth. Our girl knows what she wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment