4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tests, Tests, Tests ... results

Today was an incredibly long day.  First, we got word that we could come to our hearing appointment early.  Having to keep Andi awake all morning, so she'd sleep for her hearing test was going to be difficult, so we jumped at the opportunity for the earlier appointment.  The appointment, according to the scheduler, was only slotted for two hours max.  The first test lasted almost five hours... so I was surprised by the two-hour window.  Today, Ginga started with the Bean at 3:45 a.m., that's when the Bean decided she was ready to get up.  I took over at 5:30 or so, and the prep for our day of appt's started around 7:30 a.m.  You know, you have to get three different feeds ready, bring our med's, pack for several hours out on the town... it's quite the production to go anywhere.

The Bean was great staying awake, and we ended up at the hearing test for about four hours.  But, the data was collected.  Andi's hearing out of her left ear... shows 'severe' hearing loss, so she will likely never hear out of her left ear. However, her right ear is more promising and shows that with a hearing aid, she will most likely be able to hear speech sounds.  We've been referred to the next level, which will be appointments with Early Intervention, which will meet with us, do a mold of her ear, and fit her for a hearing aid.  Because babies grow so quickly, she will likely have to be refitted for her ear piece every few months. 

Andi's cold was very troublesome today.  Her nose was clogged and her cough a bit nasty.  During the hearing test, it was pretty disruptive, but after the test -- we raced home and got the suction machine, and that helped out incredibly.  By then is was almost 2:30, so we grabbed a bite to eat, then headed over to the clinic for labs, a prescription pick-up, and a meeting with her pediatrician.  Andi has not put on any weight in the past two weeks, she's 9 lbs 15 oz's, again (it was less last week at the cardiologists'), but her sodium level is better on her bloodwork.  We're going to go back in less than two weeks and check everything again.  If her weight doesn't increase at that point, then we're going to need to reevaluate her feeds with dietary/nutrition.  But, regardless, her Dr. likes the way she looks and thinks all is well.  He was concerned about her getting a cold, but thinks she has handled it rather well.  He's pleased.

Well geez, it's almost midnight... time for more med's.

No comments:

Post a Comment