4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sayonara Sucky TPN!

Today, we are getting one more bag of TPN delivered.  We're going from 18 hour cycle to an 8 hour cycle, having increased her g-tube feed.  The feeds have produced puking, but, I'm trying to take it really slow, especially considering she's getting all her calories from the TPN.  I don't want to overload her system.  I've noticed I've had to vent her stomach a lot more lately.  Since the air can't escape through the leak like the old site, so, perhaps that air is causing the pukes?  I dunno.  All I know is that I'm anxious to say "sayonara sucka!" to the TPN.  Having Andi tethered 18 hours a day is very taxing and stressful.  It will be nice to just have the g-tube feeds again and really work on our oral feeds.  That will seem like such a piece of cake, compared to this.

With all the puking, I've been giving Andi a lot more baths. You aren't supposed to get the central line ports wet, so that has been a bit of a challenge.  When the nurse came to change the dressing yesterday, upon completing the bandage change, Andi promptly puked on it.  Oops.  In fact, she just puked again, and when fussing, I was able to vent a lot of air out of her g-tube.  Where this air comes from? ... I do not know, but I suspect it's her chomping on Froggy!  In any case, I've noticed in all of these baths I've had to give, that she feels a lot heavier.  Fuller, more solid, heavy.  I'm anxious to see what she weighs this Thursday.  I can't wait.  TPN has done its job, but we're SO ready to say sayonara sucka!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you get to say sayonara soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking fatty-fat thoughts for the weigh in tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete