4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bean Gets A Flu Shot

Bean & I went to pick up a refill prescription again today.  While there,we decided to stop by and get our flu shots as well.  Most kids, and many adults, flinch at the idea of a shot. Needles make most people run and hide.   Make most kids cry and cry.  Andi sat there and took it like a solider.  She barely flinched, and cried for maybe five seconds.  Yeah, five seconds.  I said & signed 'all done!' about three times.  We walked out of there and Andi said all the way to the car, with gusto, 'All Done!'  She is such a champion.

See, kiddos like Andi have been through SO much, that something like a shot, is nothing.  I mean, really, it is nothing. I didn't even feel my shot, best shot ever actually.  Although, now my arm hurts.  It feels like my brother punched my arm like he did when I was 12. 

I finally got through on the phone to dispute the two bills I received.  Both are sending them back to be reviewed, revised.  I hate that sometimes you have to be nasty to get them to hear what you are saying.  I had to tell the one person that they can't bill her one anesthesia service as a professional service, that it belongs under the in-patient hospitalization, which has a cap.  She apparently didn't understand what I was saying until I got firmer in tone and explained, 'look, this was her 6th surgery, 6th anesthesia service, therefore, I know how it should be billed.'  That got her to shut her trap and she said she'd take care of getting it resolved. Now that's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment