4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Overcoming Obstacles

Andi's doing well, although she's puking almost every feed.  When vented, it's explosive. "Pop! ...Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!"  There's such a build up of pressure, it makes me wonder if this air was the cause of the hernia in the old g-tube site.  She's always had the issue with air in her stomach, but the old g-tube site allowed a lot of that pressure to escape.  I've ordered a few more farrell bags.  Might as well give them a try again.  Although, this system demands that the bag be above her stomach, which makes me wonder how to make that happen, when most of her feeds are in her high chair.  I usually put the backpack under her chair, so no one trips on the cords, or her favorite past-time of dropping her toys on the floor doesn't cause a pulled tube, if dropped on the cord.

On a totally different topic, yesterday marked a very important date in our family.  Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Andi's uncle Chris's rebirth, as a non-smoker! Andi's fight last year, her struggle, encouraged her uncle to overcome a huge obstacle and quit harming his own health.  I hope one day Andi is fully aware of the good her tough road has done for others!  We are all very proud and thankful that you did it bro!  We love you!

In Uncle Chris's honor, we snapped a few pretty cool photos this afternoon!  Now if we could just overcome one more obstacle, her funky long locks!


1 comment:

  1. Man that pressure sounds like no fun at all. I hope you are able to find a way to get resolve it.
    Congratulations to your brother on his one year anniversary. In August it will be 20 years since I quit (I was a pack a day smoker!). Best thing I ever did second to my boys.
    Love, love, love, the pictures of her sitting. She and Mason have the same wild hair. I love it!

    ReplyDelete