4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Plugging Along

Andi got her longer G-Tube placed yesterday, as her stomach has grown outward a bit.  She was weighed and came in at 15 lbs, 14.2 oz's - which is an increase from the 15 2.3 or such two weeks prior.  So, we're making progress, albeit slower than I'd hope.  Again, now that it's November, in the course of the past 11 months, Andi has put on 3.5 lbs.  3.5 lbs in 11 months.  Fathom that. I can go out to dinner and put on 3.5 pounds in one meal.  I think she measured a skoosh longer, but that measurement has been so up and down, unreliable.  I find that super annoying.

In any case, Andi has seemingly come down with a cold again, or the last one is visiting again.  She's coughing and has a runny nose.  I know people around town are also suffering long term ick, but, I wonder at what point will this get better.  I'm to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, but for someone who sticks their hands in their mouth often, what am I to use on her hands?!  Obviously, that might be the area to work on sanitizing.  This chronic cold bit is getting rather old, especially when I hear a kiddo slightly older than Andi down in my hometown is just now experiencing his first cold.  I can't help but slap my own forehead and wonder what the hell we're doing wrong.  We're on cold #9 or such, and that's not an exaggeration.

The Kaiser dietitian wants me to increase her daytime boluses.  I'm working on it, but it's been tough.  She's puking about once a day.  Today, that happened in her crib. So, in addition to washing her outfit, I get to wash her sheets today.  Yippie.

What I haven't admitted here, is that Andi has seemingly made attempts at crawling.  I haven't yet seen it, so I haven't written about it.  She is definitely excited about standing and crawling position when she wants to.  She will roll over, get into crawling position, hold it, then lower herself, roll over, and then get back up in crawling position.  It's pretty entertaining.  I haven't seen real movement, but I'm watching for it.  She seems strong on some days, other days, she seems rather wobbly.

I have found a warm water pool to take Andi to for open swim.  They have two nights a week, for one hour that I can take her.   I haven't been able to take her yet, but her OT believes that this will help her immensely. Now that she's snot-nosed again, I have to wait again until next week.  Ugh.

In the meantime, we'll keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment