4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Supermodel!

I was kind of silly today and entered Andi in Kathie Lee & Hoda's Cutest Baby Contest. It's some sort of modeling gig on the late Today Show. I sent three fairly recent photos, and a good synopsis of Andi.  Biased or not, she's pretty dang cute inside and out.

Andi's OT came to work her out today.  She showed her how she likes to eat a lot more lately.  However, she pointed out that although she's swallowing the food, she's rather passive about it.  Therefore, we've been given some tips on stimulating her mouth and getting her to push her food around her mouth with her tongue.  We were also given some more tips on physical items to work on, such as putting weight on her feet.  After her appointment, Andi promptly fell asleep in her high chair.

Andi has an appointment early Friday morning up at Doernbecher's to have the pediatric surgeon nurse 'the g-tube lady' look at Andi's g-tube.  I'm not sure what she's planning, but, I believe we've seen her during our last two hospitalizations.  It's another set of eyes on our problem, which, it's definitely still a problem!  The other day, I had her high chair padding in the wash again, and after a feed in the simply plastic chair, I had a rather large puddle of Neocate goo on the hardwood floor to mop up. TREAT! 

Lastly, they've approved my request to increase the calories in her formula.  She's now on 36 calorie Neocrack or is that Neocrap?  By doubling the Polycose.  If I'm not mistaken, Polycose can also constipate, so that's just an added bonus.  I've noticed lately that Andi is definitely getting longer. However, she's got the flattest stomach I've ever seen and her rib cage is rather visible.  She looks like a supermodel.  Therefore, she definitely should win the modeling job for Kathie Lee & Hoda in NYC.  Although, I hope to fatten her up before she wins that contest!

1 comment: