4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beautiful Bean

Well, that contest must have been rigged, as Andi was not picked to be in the top 10 cutest babies.  They only received 32,000+ entries, maybe they glanced over her in their state of overwhelm. Their loss. Idiots!

My lil' supermodel continues to snore at this hour, 10 a.m.  This is most unusual, but, I don't disturb her as I feel that she's going to sleep if her body is needing her to.  I could have continued to sleep, but, I have obligations, responsibilities, you know, the glamorous stuff.  My only concern is that we awoke at 4 a.m. in pain and in need of a dose of Tylenol.  Here it is 6 hours later, she's going to need another dose soon.  I'm sure she'll wake on her own soon, and then we can get cracking.  Speaking of cracking, I'm surprised that diaper hasn't yet cracked.  She's been in it well over 12 hours and on TPN, her fluids are moving! 

I told Nurse Ron that Nurse Candy gave me an 'A' on my introduction to TPN.  He chuckled and said, 'wow, she doesn't give those out often.'  He made me do all the TPN prep for him, unassisted, and when done, Nurse Ron gave me an 'A' too.  He said, 'not only did you learn the material, but you learned it quicker than most.'  I joked, 'too bad I didn't do this well in college!'  Sadly, I'm a much different student now, and the subject-matter is more important to me.  You do what you gotta do!
He's coming back Friday afternoon to change her central line dressing.

I went to check on Andi and she was just waking up.  She was completely happy and seemingly feeling good.  Sadly, that diaper wasn't feeling so good.  It seriously weighed about 5 lbs.  It overflowed a bit, so, although I thought I was caught up on laundry.... now, not so much. In a fresh outfit, fresh diaper, Andi is kicking her legs and radiating the room with big smiles.  That contest MUST have been rigged!  Despite everything she's been through, Andi is the happiest, friendliest, and most beautiful child, inside and out. 

1 comment: