4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Multitasking 101

I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever worked this hard in my life.  I don't know how people do it with multiple kids, but at times I find this is crazy!  Yesterday, I took the Bean to the office to meet my work family.  We were up at 5 a.m., me getting a very patchy four hours of sleep, and by 7 a.m. I was already starting our departure production.  You know, getting food ready for any meals to be had while we're out, packing costume changes, filling the diaper bag, switching to the portable oxygen tank, giving her a bath. In addition to all that, there's doing the usual stuff like doing the feeds every three hours, diaper changes, calming a fussy Bean, dosing & administering meds, and in between all that, keeping up with work. It seriously takes so much more time to do any one thing, multi-tasking is an understatement.  Our trip went pretty well, although these past 24 hours, the Bean has been a bit fussy.  I assume it's because she hadn't 'gone potty' and all the med's she's on... just thinking about all of it makes my stomach hurt.  Actually, I was told that the methadone can give her stomach cramps & diarrhea.  Overnight, she was really fussy -- overly eager with her pacifier, very active, and wanted to be held.  Laying her back in her bed caused her to cry.  So, I ended up sleeping with her on my shoulder, us propped up on pillows as she isn't supposed to lay flat, especially with the continuous feed going on overnight.  This morning, we've had a few very full diapers, and she seems happiest sitting in my lap, and is currently falling asleep.  Her breathing seems a bit labored to me, but it seems to get better depending on where we are on the med's, meaning, has the Lasix kicked in and done it's job?  Our next big outing is Thursday when we go to see her pediatrician.  I'm guessing there will be a need for labs to check her levels. But as of now, the Bean is snoring.  I'm rather jealous.  But, I have to get the noon feeding prepped, and have a massive amounts of actual work to do.  But first, I need to pour myself another cup of coffee. 

1 comment: