4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Saturday, November 24, 2018

The CHARGE Through The Year Calendar

Five or six years ago, I was debating on how I can contribute to the CHARGE Syndrome education, fundraising and celebrate the kids who fill my heart.  I remember it was a sunny day in Portland, Oregon (a rarity, ...if you ask me) and I went into the ridiculously small upstairs bathroom to give Andi a bath.  I remember the heater vent was making the toilet paper dance and BAM!  It hit me.  I should create a calendar.  Don't ask me how the two are related, ...it's just a memory.

For the previous countless (maybe 13) years, I worked for a publisher representative firm.  My biggest responsibility all year was getting our publisher's calendars into Costco/Sam's/BJ's.  Yes, I was one hand in many making sure that your local Costco was stocked on The Far Side Off-The-Wall, and 25 other licensed  calendars.  It was an awesome job and one I thoroughly enjoyed.  Seeing people clamor for their yearly calendar, and my love of page design, it just seemed a natural fit.  Thus, The CHARGE Through The Year calendar was launched.  I choose 12 of my closest friends in the CHARGE Syndrome community and asked them each if they wanted to submit their child into the calendar.  If so, send me three pictures of their child and write a little diddy about them.  What they like, don't like, things they've mastered and things they are working on.  It was one kid per page.  It was personal and it was awesome.



Only problem with only 12 models... the families and extended families are more likely to buy if their kid is featured.  Therefore, subsequent years have grown.  I believe one year, we had 91 kids participate.  Honestly, I prefer this more simplistic design, as it's personalized, it gives details and it allows the individual to shine.  And good grief, to this day, Laynie is still one little girl who I completely adore.  

In any case, the 2019 edition is almost complete.  I hope to finish it this week and send it off to the printer for instant processing.  I believe pre-orders will cover all the printing costs - so I won't have to cough the money out-of-pocket, which is a big deal. 

Ideally, this would have been completed and printed over two months ago, but my big event just kept me from getting anywhere.  Now that it is complete, I can focus my free-time onto this fundraiser. 

To order your copy:  www.chargecalendar.com

$20., shipping included, and all proceeds will benefit the CHARGE Syndrome Foundation.  

In addition to being a fundraiser for the CHARGE Syndrome Foundation, whom supports the CHARGE Syndrome community, is to educate others on what CHARGE Syndrome is.  I can't tell you how many times the medical community didn't know or asked me to explain it... But in addition to getting just the name 'CHARGE Syndrome' out there, this calendar is ultimately the  celebration of the beautiful children and young adults with CHARGE Syndome. If you could swallow a fraction of understanding of what these different people have gone through, it might make you slow down, pause, and appreciate your own health and wellness -- as well as celebrate the gift of life, and the triumph over obstacles these people have endured and enjoyed.

Lastly, there are a few of our CHARGE Angels included in the calendar.  I think one of my favorite things about the yearly account is the fact that these beautiful children are still included.

So, this is my contribution to awareness and fundraising for the CHARGE Syndrome Foundation.  If you want an incredible collection of glorious smiles, order yourself a copy before they're all gone.  www.chargecalendar.com

Back cover of unused images

No comments:

Post a Comment