Although our pediatrician called and said he'd prefer to see her on Wednesday when he's back in the office, we felt that we would keep the Monday appointment with the sub Dr. When we spoke with her (sub Dr) on Friday, it was mentioned that she could go back into the hospital to figure out the puking thing. So, we felt if that was going to happen, we'd rather get her in there earlier in the week, rather than the day before Thanksgiving. In any case, we kept the appointment and Andi weighed in yesterday at 16 lbs, 4 oz's. That's what, 6 oz's in 13 days. The ideal is that she would gain 1 oz per day. So, that shows us that what we've been doing isn't working to the ideal level. She didn't feel that Andi was in danger, or dehydrated, but then again, she doesn't know Andi.
So, we're going back to see our regular Dr. on Wednesday morning, the only day of the week he's in the office. Our dietitian is also back in the office on Wed's. So maybe between the two, we can figure out what is going on. Her Dr. said on the phone that her reflux is causing issues. We've increased the prilosec to 4ml. She's still coughing during the night.
Today, I've decided to increase her feed to 155ml (5 ml is really a tiny amt) and do five boluses. That would get her to 775 ml for the day, and then we'll skip the overnight drip. It doesn't prevent the gurgling/coughing reflux. But, it keeps her from needing to be tethered to the gtube at night, which is part of the reason I don't sleep well. The coughing is the other reason.
So, may our pediatrician be struck with some genius tomorrow, or have a working magic wand to fix this problem. Can only keep hoping for improvement.