4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Entertainment

I just turned on Yo Gabba Gabba! to keep Andi entertained and quiet. I am stealing these few minutes to myself.  It doesn't phase me much that I once said I wouldn't use TV to babysit the kid.  Yet, I do it rather often.  It's funny how I said I would or wouldn't do this or that, and then when I actually got into things, all rules were out the window.  I imagine that's true whether or not the kid has health issues.  At least Andi isn't watching Barney or the Tella-Tubbies... or the Wiggles.  I've had objections to those even before Andi arrived.  Right now, Andi is learning about robots and electricity, through song.

I admitted to a friend last night that I awoke in the middle of the night and found myself singing Yo Gabba Gabba songs.  No joke.  It happens more often than I should probably admit. 

This morning, Andi awoke about 3:45 and gyrated in her crib.  After about ten minutes of this, she decided she was time to join Mom and Dad in the big girl bed.  When she stands, I hear her playpen creak, and know what's coming.  So I rolled over and helped her onto our bed.  Usually, she just wants to snuggle and will go back to sleep.  This morning, she thought it would be more fun to "play" and kept us up for a good two hours.  It was really annoying, tiresome, and irritating.  Cory had to get up at 6 for an early morning conference call, and luckily, Andi and I quickly crashed for another hour before I had to get up.  Miss "Play" slept until just after 9, despite our attempts to wake her.  Annoying.  She won't take naps, and gets so dang tired... frustrating when she doesn't comply!

On that note, I think I need another cup of coffee.  Luckily, the entertainment is still going for a few more minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment