4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Make That 18.5 lbs

Beano weighed in today at 18 1/2 lbs at feeding clinic.  Everything else is still the same. They were thrilled with her progress, although, they would like Andi to start getting regular speech visits through Early Intervention.  Hey, whatever helps the Bean.

Lastly, I got a call today from the KP ENT scheduler.  I'm about to stick my foot up some KP ... anyhow, I've re asked to see the Doernbecher ENT that would indeed do the surgery. Spare me the time, money and energy wasted on another fricken consult, puhlease!  *annoyed!*  I think my request was rather well reasoned with the kicker, 'Andi is already a multi-million dollar patient, this is not the time for KP to get thrifty.'  Fricken HMO's... Wait... fricken health care system.  IT'S BROKEN, PEOPLE!!!  You may not need it today, but trust me, one day you will be knee-deep like us and see what I'm talking about.  And if you saw how much is billed... yikes!!! 

In any case, we're awaiting to get in to see the ENT/surgeon and see what her recommendation will be.  Feeding clinic agreed with the swallow study lady, Nancy, that Andi's tonsils have got to go.  One night stay at hospital = $300., not to mention all the out-of-pocket co-pays we haven't yet touched for the year - probably $500.  *insert string of overused cuss words here!*  However, I will not stress about something that hasn't yet been even confirmed to be happening.  *Bring back the happy dance.*

Hey, I've got an 18.5 pounder... heading in the right direction.  We went to Costco again last night to pick up some gift cards and found this on an endcap:



I love the 'WTF?' expression.  She's still not getting the massive teddy bear ... our house isn't large enough to house that beast!  We kept the Bean and left the bear.  Although we did practice the sign for 'bear'!  There's always a lesson, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment